Rhea Chakraborty has imprisoned by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in Mumbai after 3 days of interrogation. The NCB had filed a drug case relating to actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s (SSR) demise.
Now, the ‘Jalebi’ actress broke down silence during her questioning hours before the arrest. Also, media sources states that, she has confessed to providing drugs for Sushant. In fact, she also sometimes make use of those drugs.
Just minutes after the NCB had arrested Rhea Chakraborty on Tuesday; her legal team led by senior lawyer Satish Manshinde blamed central agencies for Hounding a lone woman. He alleged this only because she was in love with a drug addict man.
However, the actress appeared flustered, trying to skip and run away from media pressure. In fact, on Friday, the NCB had arrested Showik; brother of Rhea who confessed to drug acquisition from drug peddlers. As per sources, he used to ask Samuel Miranda to carry drugs on the urge of Rhea. NCB has also arrested the drug dealer Miranda.
On 26th Aug, the NCB has filed a case under the Section 20, 22, 27 and 29 of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS). Also, in an aspect of the drug conspiracy linked to SSR’s death case the NCB had reported Rhea as a suspect.
Under, the following sections of the NDPS Act 1985 the NCB has arrested Rhea:
- Section 27(a):
- Punishment for the financial support of illicit traffic and harbouring criminals
- Section 20(b):
- Contravention punishment in relation of cannabis plant and cannabis. Whoever produces, produces, possesses, sells, buys, carries, import and export inter-State or uses cannabis in contravention of any provisions of this section.
- Section 8(c):
- Prohibition of production, storage, selling, purchase, transportation, warehouse, use, inter-state imports, inter-state exports, imports into India, exports from India or exchanges of any narcotic or psychotropic substance. Except for medical or academic purposes.
- Section 28:
- Punishment regarding attempted violations.
- Section 29:
- Punishment for criminal conspiracy
Also, NCB officers have looked at Rhea’s fiscal records to see if she was paying for the drugs.
Author at AutoTune World
All of 24 but a whole lot older by experience, Akshay Zurange is a full stack developer and passionate technical writer having good skills of writing news updates. He has completed his Diploma in Computer Engineering from MSBTE and currently working for AutoTune World.