Mahendra Singh Dhoni born 7th July 1981. He is a former India cricketer who remains the captain of India’s national team in limited-overs formats from 2007 to 2016. Also, he did captaincy in Test cricket from 2008 to 2014. In fact, under his captaincy team India did exceptionally well. Under Mahi’s leadership, the team won the ICC World Twenty20 (2007), the ICC 50-Over Cricket World Cup (2011) and the ICC Champions Trophy (2013). Along with this, they have won the Asia Cup twice in 2010 and 2016 playing under Dhoni as a captain.
ICC World Cup (2011) Winning Moment:
He’s a middle-order, right-handed batsman and a wicket keeper. In fact, he is without a doubt one of the highest run scorers in ODIs with over 10,000 runs scored. In the current era, people know Mahi as a powerful “finisher” in limited overs formats. Some additionally refer to him as perhaps the greatest wicket keeper and captain in modern limited overs cricket. He is surely the runaway match winner for team India.
Dhoni’s Career Highlights:
- Career’s Starting Match: A Run Out Against Bangladesh
- 148 vs Pakistan
- 183* vs Sri Lanka
- 2007 ICC T-20 World Cup
- No. 1 Test Ranking
- Those nail-biting last over finishes
- That 6 in the world cup final at Wankhede, Mumbai
- 2011 ODI World Cup
- 2013 Champions Trophy Victory
- Those quick-fire stumping moments
- Those helicopter shots
- Career’s Ending Match: A Run Out Against New Zealand
More than a year since his last match during the 2019 World Cup; M.S. Dhoni had been quietly waiting last goodbye to international cricket. In fact, just recently on yesterday 15th August 2020 he declares his retirement from international cricket. The wicketkeeper batsman from Jharkhand enjoyed an exceptional career both behind the wickets and also in front of the wickets. He lives the game as among the finest ever grace of the game. Particularly within the 50-overs format where he left an enduring legacy both as a player and as a captain.
Even within early 2000s, the Indian ODI team saw Rahul Dravid as the wicket-keeper to make sure that batting skill wasn’t really lacking at this spot. In fact, the team also noticed the entry of wicket-keeper batsmen from the junior ranks. It also dealt with talents like Parthiv Patel and Dinesh Karthik in the Test squads. In fact, once Dhoni made a mark in the India A squad, they had picked him in the ODI squad for the 2004/05 Bangladesh tour. He made his international debut in an ODI in opposition to Bangladesh in December 2004; but played his maiden Test match nearly a year later against Sri Lanka in Chennai. He was a part of the team that played India’s first ever T20 match against South Africa in December 2006.
Dhoni didn’t have an ideal begin to his ODI career. In fact, he got run out for a duck on his debut. Even though an average series against Bangladesh, they picked Dhoni for the Pakistan ODI series.
Qualities and Things to Delight in MS Dhoni
- A self-made man:
- One of the vital inspiring things about MSD is how he made his ways regardless of many failures? How he grew from a Ranchi boy to the finest captain of all time? In fact, he is the person who gave us the two world cups and a Champions Trophy.
- Captain cool:
- However, one of his finest quality is How he stays calm in many of the conditions? How he handles stress? Be it chasing a giant score or Be it bowling in death overs. He never loses his calm.
- Team comes 1st:
- He plays cricket for his team however not for himself. Also, he is aware of the relevance of each player. He respects them equally. Often he offers them sufficient opportunities to prove themselves.
- Takes all the blame:
- He’s the guy who takes all the blame when the team loses and provides all credit to the entire team each time India wins.
- Explosive Batsman:
- In fact, everyone knows this how insanely dangerous this man is at the time of batting. We’ve got seen it many occasions. Mahi can be unavoidably dangerous in death overs. Also, he can change the entire situation of the match at any point. He’s absolutely a match winner!
- The finest wicket keeper ever:
- Sure, no doubt he’s one of the very best wicket-keeper one could ever see. Dhoni behind the wickets is quicker even than Usain Bolt, be it stumping, run out, caught behind, he’ll never let your hopes down.
- MS, the motivator:
- MS is definitely one of the best motivator on the field and even off the field. He let no player get disheartened and all the time motivates him to do his best.
- Down to earth attitude:
- MSD is the man who’s least to sledge. He’s always cool even in some most anxious conditions. In fact, he is worthy of praise for his attitude towards the game, towards his squad, towards the opposition.
DRS: Dhoni Review System
MSD, perhaps the most successful captain of Indian Cricket team. In fact, he usually known for his uncertain and correct choices. People also know him for his fine power-hitting. Dhoni, who played 350 ODIs for India remained to be an important player on-field. For instance, he was also arguably the most effective decision-maker India has ever seen.
Dhoni was also well-known for his inch-perfect reviews. Also, the next level master class he has carried out within the DRS evaluation system of the ICC. In fact, ever since the ICC launched this method into international matches, Mahi used its benefit to the fullest and sheer wisdom. If someone has to say the name of the DRS review system on a player’s name, then Dhoni would be the only pick. In fact, the DRS, unofficially, known as Dhoni Review System among his fans.
Top 11 records of M.S. Dhoni that remodel him as a legend:
- The Ranchi-based hero is the only skipper on this planet who has won all three ICC trophies. He led India earlier in 2007 to the T20 triumph than he lifted the overall 2nd ODI World Cup trophy for India in 2011. Also, in 2013, Dhoni-led India thumped hosts England to clinch the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy.
- In fact, he has led India in 331 international matches that has deemed as most by any cricketer in the history.
- M.S. Dhoni has led India in six versions of the T20 World Cups; it is a record within the global circuit.
- He holds the record of becoming the quickest player to turn out to be No.1 player in the ICC ODI rankings. He took just 42 innings to attain the milestone.
- Dhoni holds the record for Most Number of Not Outs in the ODI cricket. In 350 ODIs and while featuring in 297 innings, Dhoni remained unbeaten on 84 occasions; it is the most by any within the 50-over format.
- In fact, India created a novel record within the T20Is in opposition to Australia. The visitors whitewashed Australia to mark history, as Dhoni grew to become the only skipper to whitewash Australia on their soil in the last 14 decades.
- Dhoni has 204 sixes to his name across formats as a captain who stands as essentially the most as a leader.
- He has probably the most stumping (123) by any wicket-keeper in an ODI career.
- Ending off matches with a six has been a Mahendra Singh Dhoni trademark. In fact, the lad from Ranchi has closed out the match with a most on nine events in ODI cricket, probably the most by any player within the game.
- M.S. Dhoni scored 183* in opposition to Sri Lanka; while batting at number three as a wicket-keeper on 31 October 2005 in Jaipur. The Ranchi Boy created the record of probably the most runs scored by a wicket-keeper batsman in an ODI innings. He scored 15 fours and 10 sixes in the game and took India to the victory.
- He also has captained India in 72 T20I matches. However, out of those 72 matches India have won 41. As captain in T20Is, the wicket-keeper batsman has won the Most Number of matches.
Managing Director of Autotune World
I am a software engineering graduate by profession. I have accomplished my graduation from College of Engineering, Pune (COEP). I have a lot more curiosity in writing content, documentation work associated to technical and enterprise subjects. Writing the quality content material is my passion. I have carried out some fundamental stages of content writing by blogging, social posts, guest post writing. I have gained expertise in writing technical articles. I am also lot much favorable in writing content material related to enterprise, corporate world. I have trained myself in the world of creative graphics deigning to create eye-catching pictorial type of content material.
I have taken an initiative to begin this emerging news platform AutoTune World to deep dive in this competitive world. I with my team of youth and senior writers are working for the success of this platform. I am trying my best to offer top quality information to the readers through AutoTune World.